Never fear! Mommy's here!....even though she had other things to do this morning. Lucky for her I had the SAME fabric I made the first cover out of almost 5 years ago. This time I'll make it better with ruffles! Here's what I did.
First I cut out peices of fabric measuring 17.5" square. Then I cut 4 strips of fabric 2.5" the width of the fabric....All under the strict supervision of my 2 yr old.
|Supervisor approved of the fabric choice.|
|And she approved of the cuts made.|
I don't have pics of the next few steps...here they are:
- Sew strips short ends together.
- Fold long strip in half wrong sides together
- Create one long ruffle using preferred method. I have ruffle tutorials here and here.
- Finish one end with a rolled hem.
- Sew ruffle onto one square right side
- Cut excess ruffle off and finish end with rolled hem...being sure to overlap ends. as shown in picture below.
- Pin the other square on top, sandwiching the ruffle inside.
- Sew both squares right sides together leaving an opening big enough to turn right side out and big enough to stuff pillow form inside.
- Remember that the dog ripped the pillow form and quickly repair the hole.
- Close opening with a hand stitch.
|Just ease the ruffle around the corner|
|Pin opening closed before handstitching.|
|Used the leftover ruffle to make a ruffle flower.|
And here it is. She happier with her new one than she was with the old one.
|Unbeknownst to her, Niah was sniffing out it's chewability already!!|
Linking up to: