I've been wanting to make a scarf
for quite a while now.
If you'd like to make one
I can tell you how.
I didn't take any pictures
but it's really quite a breeze.
I'm sure that you can make one
in no time and with ease.
A straight line to cut and
a straight line to sew
If you have any questions just ask
I'll tell you all you need to know.
If you haven't time to make one
there's only one thing to do
Take a visit to my ETSY shop
I've also made one for you!
Ok...Sorry for the lack of pictures. It's really quite simple. First you need to pick out your fabric and decide what size you want your scarf to be. This on is 79" x 6". You may want to take your lace in to consideration when deciding on the width. I chose 6 inches because my lace fit best this way. For the length you may want it longer for someone who it tall or shorter for a young girl. Here are the easy-peasy steps. Don't forget, I'm here if you have any question.
- Cut fabric to length PLUS 1/4" seam allowance. Make sure both pieces are exactly the same size.
- Fold and press 1/4" hem on short ends on both pieces of fabric
- Sew your lace to the right side of the fabric at the hemmed ends
- Place right sides together and pin in place
- Sew down each long edge with a 1/4" seam allowance
- Turn right-side-out and press
- Sew ends of tube together (where the lace should be)
If you'd like the unwrinkled one in the pictures at the top of the tutorial, it's listed in my ETSY shop. I hope to be making more of these soon and I PROMISE I'll take pics next time.
Linked up to: